Wiki - Achievements
Add on this page what you did during the hackathon.
* wrote http://perl6advent.wordpress.com/2013/12/07/day-07-bagging-the-changes-in-the-set-specification/
* fixed some Perl6 spec thinko
* fixed Promise.allof() bug + added spectests for it
* private attributes in a role are now visible in the class doing the role
* (alas, not in roles doing the role, looked at fixing that, failed)
* implemented :times parameter in $*SCHEDULER.cue and added spectests for it
Act & yAct
- Varnish is now in front of Apache, and therefore in front of all web sites and Act sites hosted by the Mongueurs
- with Edge Side Includes enabled
- helped Hélène a bit with her learning of Perl
- provided the Act test database to Getty
- explained to Theo van Hoesel (vanHoesel) how the templates works in Act, in order to add support for easy to use framework (Bootstrap, Foundation)
- started to explain to Laurent Boivin (Elbeho) the inners of how Act is deployed
(one day, I'll do Perl... one day...)
- design of the Perl QA Hackathon website (testing, http://test.mongueurs.net/qa2014) done.
- content is now consistent, although it's not complete
- Help Sylvie and Guillaume to start their first program in Perl
- Add a Paypal "Donate" button to YEF site (http://www.yapceurope.org/donating.html)
* I at last made my little twitter to rss script (https://gist.github.com/briandfoy/7822706)
* I'm working on creating a CPAN module installation plan that gets everything before it does any building.
* As part of the CPAN installation plan, I created a visualization with D³ (demo) (http://blogs.perl.org/users/brian_d_foy/2013/12/visualizing-a-cpan-install-plan.html)
* Pictures on Flickr
* Added status and version info to the dependency graph (demo). Red means it needs to be installed, orange means it's good enough (not necessarily latest but meets prereqs), green means it's up to date. Hover over for the CPAN version. Now I know how to play with the nodes to display more info. I want to work on a pop-up for info on any node.
(mostly Dancer work)
(also, rough estimate, hard to keep track of everything)
* Dancer2: Reached almost-zero inbox. Answered close to 75 emails (including PRs, issues, mailing lists, etc.).
* Dancer2: Closed 16 PRs, roughly 24 issues.
* Module::Starter: Closed a PR, released two new versions, found a new maintainer, fixed a problem with regex backcompat to 5.8.
* Worked with Pau Amma on cleaning up authors/contributors in Dancer2, and on fixing an inconsistency in the docs.
* Updated/dedup'ed Dancer2 author&contributor list, moved from AUTHORS to POD in Dancer2.pm, with Sawyer X's guidance (https://github.com/PerlDancer/Dancer2/issues/452)
* Started work on copyediting the Dancer2 docs for grammar, readability, and consistency with the code.
* Did shopping for breakfast / lunch / snacks, set the table, cleaned stuff.
* Proofread two articles, one by Liz for the Perl 6 Advent Calendar.
* Prepare statutes for a new company that Liz and I are starting to support Perl and other open source efforts.
* Ordered the book 'Perl Moderne'
* Made many pictures (tomorrow I will try and make a Flickr page with them)
- did App::Duppy, which is a script to help people organize better their test suites under casperjs
- helped dams writing a XS binding for sparkey. This is currently not working, but this is a good start.
- try to improve a bit the code of pokki's microblog project (plarkdown)
* Scrible on a piece of paper ideas with a pen...
Last modified: 08/12/13 18:09 by Pau Amma